Post Yourself & Your Hat Here!

Without a fedora, you're naked from the neck up. Share with us your favorite fedoras, hatters, and vendors.
n11pilot

Re: Post Yourself & Your Hat Here!

Post by n11pilot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Blackthorn wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:34 pm
I can't remember how to post on this new board. I can't use photobucket any more because I refuse to pay for it. I have posted pics here, but can't remember how I did it.
Here is how History nerds do it. Oh, a History nerd is just like a regular nerd but without the ability to hook up your printer. :)

I send the photo to my email then copy it to my computer in "Pictures" then download it directly to the Speakeasy. It works most of the time. I hope this helps a bit, my friend.

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

n11pilot wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm
Blackthorn wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:34 pm
I can't remember how to post on this new board. I can't use photobucket any more because I refuse to pay for it. I have posted pics here, but can't remember how I did it.
Here is how History nerds do it. Oh, a History nerd is just like a regular nerd but without the ability to hook up your printer. :)

I send the photo to my email then copy it to my computer in "Pictures" then download it directly to the Speakeasy. It works most of the time. I hope this helps a bit, my friend.
Thank you, my friend, but I'm pretty dense. I have the pic on my desktop, but how do I download anything to the Speakeasy? I don't see a download icon?
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything….Albert Einstein

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 pm

I can't even click and drag a pic into this box, although it's supposed to be possible.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything….Albert Einstein

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Nope

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Blackthorn wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 pm
Nope
Let me try something.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 pm

OK, I got the page to accept a picture download but the "Place in line" prompt was missing. At the end of the the line there was a yellow triangle warning. I clicked on it and it read "Board maximum reached". Apparently there is a maximum number of photos that can be loaded onto the board.
So my friend, to misquote the bard, the fault lies not in ourselves but in the board.

AeroDillo MkII

Post by AeroDillo MkII » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 pm

I wound up getting a Flickr account.

No hassle to sign up for a free account - something like 1TB of storage, and you can adjust privacy settings. Theoretically you can also host video, though I haven't tried that yet.

A bonus is that your pictures don't disappear if the board goes flat again.

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 pm

AeroDillo MkII wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 pm

No hassle to sign up for a free account - something like 1TB of storage, and you can adjust privacy settings. Theoretically you can also host video, though I haven't tried that yet.

I'll try that, good idea, Dillo, thanks

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Blackthorn wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 pm
AeroDillo MkII wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 pm

I'll try that, good idea, Dillo, thanks
Imgur.com is also easy to use, and free. You can crag pics into the download section, and when they're ready a popup menu appears and says, "get download links" - from there, you just select the one you want and paste the link here without clicking on the picture icon. :)

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Standing outside a conservatory (probably much prettier in the springtime)