Not a rant, just musing.

Talk about articles posted on The Fedora Chronicles main site.
n11pilot

Not a rant, just musing.

Post by n11pilot » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:45 am

I was a bit bored tonight and didn't feel like going on Face Book so I decided to visit the old hangout. I first signed on here back in 2008 and after lurking for a while and reading what others had written I made my first post. Much to my surprise, my post was read and it was answered. It was answered with well thought out replies. In the months and years that followed the members of this forum became my friends. Some of them I've met in person, some not but I still to this day value them all.

In its time this place was, in my opinion, the finest electronic, twenty four hour a day, cocktail party and philosophy circle that ever existed. Aviation to zombies, no subject was too arcane to prevent it from becoming the center of a spirited discussion. What other forums avoided we dragged out into the light and gave it a thorough going over. We were rich in the sense that the members here had a wealth of varied experience and knowledge that was freely but never condescendingly shared.

I know that things must always change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. However, in accepting that idea that change is inevitable I refuse to forget how damn fine this place was.