Stan & Ollie Movie!

Classics, film noir, summer blockbusters, and cult classics.
Herb Roflcopter

Stan & Ollie Movie!

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 am

I was always a big Laurel & Hardy fan, and I just heard about this biopic coming out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-xrSQ7gkk

If you're as familiar with them as I am, you'll be astounded by the trailer. Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly look AMAZING as "the Boys."

n11pilot

Re: Stan & Ollie Movie!

Post by n11pilot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:48 am

They do look amazing, especially John C Reilly.

Cousi

Post by Cousi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I had heard some pre-production rumors about this some time ago. I'm glad to see it's actually happening.

I do have to say that John C Reilly is very hit-or-miss with me. He impressed the hell out of me in Chicago but then Dewey Cox was very 'meh' and since I am not a Will Ferrell fan I do not think anything of their collaborations. I think given the right role, he can really shine but he also likes doing stupid comedies. This looks like the former to me. Hopes are cautiously high.

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 am

Cousi wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm
I had heard some pre-production rumors about this some time ago. I'm glad to see it's actually happening.

I do have to say that John C Reilly is very hit-or-miss with me. He impressed the hell out of me in Chicago but then Dewey Cox was very 'meh' and since I am not a Will Ferrell fan I do not think anything of their collaborations. I think given the right role, he can really shine but he also likes doing stupid comedies. This looks like the former to me. Hopes are cautiously high.
I tend to skip the comedies he does, aside from Wreck-It Ralph (which my daughter and I enjoyed, which is saying something, because we usually prefer Pixar over everything) and the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie (his screen time is only about 5 minutes anyway.)