The Demise of Facebook means the return Of The Electric Speakeasy

Everything you need to know about this forum. Any questions you want to ask about this forum.

Any problems you need solving?

... Start here.
Cousi

Re: The Demise of Facebook means the return Of The Electric Speakeasy

Post by Cousi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44 am

Or a more locked down section of the board?

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Herb Roflcopter wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Eric Renderking Fisk wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm
I've turned off the PM feature so if anyone has a problem with what you've said they'll have to tell me out in the open like every one else.
I would normally suggest this in private, but that's not possible here. ;)
Ah, I hadn't noticed that until just now.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything….Albert Einstein

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Blackthorn wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:58 pm
Herb Roflcopter wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Eric Renderking Fisk wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm
I've turned off the PM feature so if anyone has a problem with what you've said they'll have to tell me out in the open like every one else.
I would normally suggest this in private, but that's not possible here. ;)
Ah, I hadn't noticed that until just now.

I saw that and it didn't make a difference to me at the time but since them I have actually come to miss it. It's too bad that a compromise can't be reached where the PM is available but can be turned off individually if the member so wishes.

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 am

n11pilot wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:13 pm
I saw that and it didn't make a difference to me at the time but since them I have actually come to miss it. It's too bad that a compromise can't be reached where the PM is available but can be turned off individually if the member so wishes.
That's why I'm suggesting a private table as an alternative/compromise of sorts. Though I'm all for reinstating the PM feature as well. :)

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:17 pm

On a side note, I deleted my FaceBook account about 5 days ago. Truth be told, I might go back at some point- there's literally three people there that I need to stay in touch with- but it did feel good to burn it all down to the ground.

It used to be 15 days before they deleted the info, now it's a full 30 days. They REALLY want you to stay.

I'm trying to get things done, so I don't miss it too much. Many of the people I'm "friends" with I can get in touch with in real life or other parts of the internet, so it's not a tremendous loss that I'm gone.

I did find it useful to stop updating my own page, or making comments on other's pages. A real time-saver. When I go back, my friends list will probably stay in the low single digits.