I Saw This New Firearm!

Like we said! Guns, Ammunition and Explosives!
Cousi

Re: I Saw This New Firearm!

Post by Cousi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Perhaps we should create a Fedora Sanctuary in Wyoming...

Public facilities to include both an indoor and outdoor shooting range as well as a real speakeasy hidden somewhere known to a select few.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the divorce. I hope to get through it quickly. We're keeping things amicable, which really helps.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Cousi wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm
Perhaps we should create a Fedora Sanctuary in Wyoming...

Public facilities to include both an indoor and outdoor shooting range as well as a real speakeasy hidden somewhere known to a select few.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the divorce. I hope to get through it quickly. We're keeping things amicable, which really helps.

I'm liking that Fedora sanctuary and speakeasy idea. I see some tasteful art deco in its future.

AeroDillo MkII

Post by AeroDillo MkII » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 am

My condolences, man. Seems like there's a lot of that going around lately.

As pertains to the Speakeasy West...I'm eyeballing a job in South Dakota, which puts it relatively close. Just as fair warning think this calls for a TFC parade through Yellowstone. Been there once. Wanted to make the tour in a Model A Ford ever since.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 am

AeroDillo MkII wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 am
As pertains to the Speakeasy West...I'm eyeballing a job in South Dakota, which puts it relatively close. Just as fair warning think this calls for a TFC parade through Yellowstone. Been there once. Wanted to make the tour in a Model A Ford ever since.

This keeps getting better! A parade and a classic car, I like it.

Cousi

Post by Cousi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:48 pm

I've been to South Dakota. I really loved parts of it. We stayed in the Lead and Deadwood area but took trips to the Badlands and Sturgis. Whereabouts in South Dakota?

Classic cars and a parade! That's an idea I could get behind.

Also, I'd propose we have a get-together at a genuine speakeasy uncovered in 2004 in Butte, Montana. I've taken the tour twice and you can rent the speakeasy out for parties.
That picture to the right of the barred door lifts up to reveal a one-way mirror showing who's at the door.

Tell me that wouldn't be fun! Listening to 20's jazz while sitting, drinking and playing cards at a table from the same period in a speakeasy that had been shut down in 1924 until it was uncovered 80 or so years later. We could stay at the Finlen Hotel and just have a great weekend.

AeroDillo MkII

Post by AeroDillo MkII » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Sturgis. I've two friends already working there.

As soon as I've got two years at the current gig I'll throw them a resume and see what happens.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Cousi, that is one nice speakeasy! A perfect place for an FC convention.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 am

unnamed-65-1024x830.jpg

I just got the MD State police paperwork back on one of these marked "Not Disapproved". Yep, only a state like Maryland would resort to a double negative to say that you are approved to pick up a firearm. In any case I was given the weapon for a favor that I did for friend who insisted on paying me back. I'm not a huge .380 fan but this weapon is nice. It is a Springfield Armory 911 and from seeing the pistol it is what Colt should have done in its Mustang line. I will report on it after I get a chance to take it to the range.

AeroDillo MkII

Post by AeroDillo MkII » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:44 am

Colt's .380 Government Model family...now there was a missed approach.

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:32 pm

AeroDillo MkII wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:44 am
Colt's .380 Government Model family...now there was a missed approach.

Agreed, but it is only one of many for the Colt company. In the case of the .380 Government Model family it was a combination of bad timing, inconsistent quality, way too high a price point, and a lack of commitment to the project. For a while now Colt has been trading on its name and ignores customers as far as product lines, finishes, and inflated prices.