I Saw This New Firearm!

Like we said! Guns, Ammunition and Explosives!
n11pilot

Re: I Saw This New Firearm!

Post by n11pilot » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm

I am getting tired of this. I just tried to post a photo of a weapon that I've run through the wringer to evaluate. Once again I am getting "Board quota reached". What in the serious Hell? Can this be fixed or should I just bail on this forum and forget it completely?

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm

n11pilot wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm
I am getting tired of this. I just tried to post a photo of a weapon that I've run through the wringer to evaluate. Once again I am getting "Board quota reached". What in the serious Hell? Can this be fixed or should I just bail on this forum and forget it completely?
Have you tried using Imgur.com? Doesn't cost a thing to have an account. Very easy to upload a pic and share it here. :)

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Herb Roflcopter wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm
n11pilot wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm
Have you tried using Imgur.com? Doesn't cost a thing to have an account. Very easy to upload a pic and share it here. :)
To be honest I am going to have to learn how to do that. Before I reached some kind of limit I was able to save the image to my computer then post it here. I'm not computer literate enough to understand why that stopped working. However I am going to look into Imgur.com. Thank you for the tip, my friend!

Cousi

Post by Cousi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 pm

[translated from geekspeak]
Basically, if the image is on your machine, when you post it to the forum the forum software has to upload it to the server in order for it to be seen by other people. It doesn't create a link to your machine. With finances being what they are, we're using a low-cost solution of the pphb forum software and adding it to the FedoraChronicles.com website albeit with a different URL. This means it only costs a few dollars a month plus about $25 a year to run the forum. When we get that error, we'd have to go into the forum's back end and free up space by either deleting old posts (which would be a lot to cover even a small photo), deleting old pictures (which would leave a 'broken image' error on any pages calling for it) or by adding storage and cost to the forum. Setting aside the issue of time to accomplish that, it just makes the forum increasingly more expensive to run.

If you can create an account on Imgur or Photobucket or any other picture hosting place (I think Google and Amazon have them and I'm sure Microsoft has one but they probably charge for it), then the image is being hosted on that site's back end and we just need a link to that image (which are easily gotten from those individual sites as that's virtually the main reason they exist at all) and it doesn't use any of our storage at all.
[/translation]

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Cousi, thank you so much for that explanation. It makes perfect sense now to me and I regret my earlier ire. I guess that frustration really does lead to aggression and nothing will frustrate me faster than a confuser, er, computer. :D

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm

New post

https://imgur.com/dWC4s36
Copy

Success, sort of. I need to polish my skills at using imgur. Thanks again to both Herb and Cousi!

Herb Roflcopter

Post by Herb Roflcopter » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm

n11pilot wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm
Success, sort of. I need to polish my skills at using imgur. Thanks again to both Herb and Cousi!
When you go to your album, move the cursor to the right of the image and there should be a little pull-down menu indicated by an arrow- click on it and it should give you options for posting- the options should look like this:

Choose the one that says, BBCode (Forums) and click the "copy" button- when you are ready to post, simply paste the link in your reply (Do NOT click on the "add picture" icon; this will mess things up)

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Excellent! Thank you, Herb. That answered my biggest problem with using imgur. I appreciate the help both you and Cousi have given me with this issue.

Cousi

Post by Cousi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm

We appreciate you participating on the forum! I love the daily dose of history. :)

n11pilot

Post by n11pilot » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Cousi wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm
We appreciate you participating on the forum! I love the daily dose of history. :)

Thank you kindly!